Monday, June 5, 2017

June 2017 5-on-5- Getting All Dolled Up


Dance Recital day is a big deal around here and so this year I decided to capture all the ins and outs of getting my girl ready for her big day.
Hair is a biggie.  In the past we have had someone else do a fancy curled bun sort of thingy-m-bob. This year we opted for a braid bun.  Which was well within my hair styling abilities


Next was the make-up.  A big treat for this little girl.  She enjoys getting all dolled up, except for the mascara.  That, well, let's just say after 5 years of dance we are improving.


 If you give a girl a remote, she will take photos.


This last one breaks the black and white theme, but I had to add it.  It was one of the few (okay more like 30) photos that we took together that turned out and black and white didn't do it justice. We were at the end of our hair and make-up routine, and she was ready to shine on stage.



 For more documentary photography that tells a story in just 5 photos head on over to check out the beautiful photography of Amy. She is a Portland, OR Documentary Family Photographer.


8 comments:

  1. Love that you got in the frame for these! I need to do more of that - you girls will always cherish these
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny I love these!! It's so obvious that you two have a beautiful relationship, and I love how you document it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny. I love these. I love that your girl will have pictures to remember such an important part of her formative years. I truly love them all, but that last one is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said on Facebook, this is my favorite 5 on 5 of yours! I think my favorites 2 and 3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am OBSESSED with these, Jenny! I actually got a little teary at the last photo. You and your daughter are beautiful and these photos truly capture such a lovely bond. So much love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are just beautiful, Jenny! Being in the moment with your daughter is something you both will cherish for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that last one! One I'm sure she will treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're in these! That is what I need to do. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs