Friday, May 5, 2017

Spring Beauties- May 5-on-5


We are blessed to live just around the corner from my parents house, so one fine day last month we hitched a ride with them on their Kubota. We drove back the lane and into the woods to seek out the spring flowers.

This is an annual event that never gets old.  Every spring we try to make it to grandpa's woods, multiple times if possible. Watching my daughter's excitement over each new discovery is a little like Christmas.  My dad has taught her all the names of the flowers and she now looks specifically for her favorites. Dutchman's breeches was the flower she was seeking out on this day and towards the end of our time in the woods she was rewarded with finding a huge patch just starting to blossom.

I  treasure the moments I have of watching them explore together.  It reminds me of my childhood and the many hours spent exploring with my dad, mom and sisters.  These memories she is making are precious and rich.

 This year I decided to try and freelens and process the photos with a film feel to add a different artsy flair to something I document yearly. 






White flowers: Blood root    Yellow flower:  Adder Tongue   Pink/white flowers:  Spring Beauties


For more amazingly talented documentary photography check out Jennifer- a Maryland family storytelling photographer.

4 comments:

  1. Jenny - I really love reading about your family's traditions. I think your love for exploring the outdoors is very similar to my family's. I adore your free lensing and processing in these photos - especially the second pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these memories in the making as well as how you shot them! I haven't tried free-lensing yet, and today won't work since it's raining (again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story and what beautiful images to match. I love the feel of the edits as well. Great memories to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! You did a great job with the freelensing!

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs