Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Camera You Have With You

It's been said, "The best camera is the one you have with you".

I couldn't agree more!  We aren't always going to lug a slr camera around with us or even a mirrorless camera.  Sometimes we don't have our purses or bags with us, but if you are like most people you will probably have your phone.

This past weekend we celebrated my nieces high school graduation.  I didn't want to carry my camera all around their front yard, so I left it and my purse at home .  I tucked my phone in the front pocket of my skirt in case someone needed to get a hold of me and looked forward to sitting and relaxing for a bit.

I wasn't even planning on taking any photos, I was photo saturated at the moment and tired.  The idea of taking pictures didn't bring joy to my heart. I was ready for a break. My plan was to eat and enjoy visiting with friends and family.

Then all cuteness broke out.

My husband, Joel, gave our nephews cake and pop.  It was a huge treat for them that only Uncle Joel has clearance to do.  There is a long story behind that, but in short when we first started having children my sister was about 11 years old.  Through the years she did things like draw chest hair in permanent marker on our boys and gave them all kinds of treats and goodies because she could.

When she began having her own babies, Joel returned the kindness. He now treats her boys and girl to all kinds of surgery sweetness then packs them off for home.

I was so glad I at least had my phone camera to capture this moment of Uncle Joel inducing a sugar high.

This is our family, our love, our moments.

It may be a bit crazy and wild and topped with sugar overdoses, but it's what I want to remember.  It's what I want every child in our family to remember.







 Just a little encouragement...
All these images were also edited on my phone.  You can get good images with your phone. It can be done!

1 comment:

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs