Thursday, July 20, 2017

Take it Like it's Film

I took part in a photography challenge this week that required me to choose a single ISO.  For my non-photography friends a simple definition of ISO is the level of sensitivity of your camera to available light. The lower the ISO number, the less sensitive it is to the light, while a higher ISO number increases the sensitivity of your camera. I chose ISO 200 which I knew be great for outdoor photos (great for bright light), but make my indoor shots a little more challenging. We also could only take 36 photos just like if we were using a film camera.

I didn't do too bad with the ISO, but I totally failed at only taking 36 photos.  I realized how quickly my finger fires that shutter.  I was taking multiple shots without even realizing it.  About 1/3 of the way through my "roll of 36" it dawned on me what I was doing.  I went through and deleted and gave myself another chance. HOWEVER... even when I thought I was paying closer attention to what I was doing, I still was taking too many photos.  I miraculously ended up with 53 photos on my roll of film.

What a great learning experience to SLOW it DOWN.  This taught me that I have an itchy trigger finger.  I need to be more intentional about what I am shooting and take that extra second to get it right the first time.

Following are my favorite 12 photos out of my "roll".






















3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE JENNY!!! What a beautiful selection of images!!! Im excited to do my own roll of 36 this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I especially love the first one, the bike in the garden and the insect hovering over the yellow flower, I think they're my favourites

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs