Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5-on-5 Hillsdale, Michigan Documentary Photographer

My husband became unemployed about three months ago.  It was a very emotional and trying time, but God has been so GOOD.  He has supplied work for Joel in various places and through various people.  Every week he has had some type of employment and my hard working, high energy man has taken it all in stride.

Last month he put metal on our neighbor ladies barn. I was able to take an hour one warm, November afternoon and document how hard he works to support our family.  We are truly blessed by his tenacity and perseverance. 

He truly lives this out..."Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, (Colossians. 3:23)


This is obviously an addition to my 5 photos, but I had to include it.  Joel was taking his scrap lumber up to the burn pit and I just followed along waiting, watching and occasionally snapping a photo.  This is documentary photography!  Because as I hung back on top of the hill, they began skipping. Nothing forced, no requesting, just them being themselves.



For more great life moments captured through documentary photography check out Melissa who is a Waterloo, Iowa documentary photographer.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing and hearing stories about men, because so often we hear ones about women and children. I love the strength that comes through in your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this set focuses on your husband. We tend to forget about documenting the adults in our lives. You should definitely share this in the group - I know Marie and Eboni like to see these kinds of stories. (and I'm so glad to hear he's been able to pick up work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your story. I love to see God working through you, even in tough times. I love that you're focused on not missing the good stuff and the little moments, as those are the ones that tell so very much. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs