Wednesday, January 10, 2018

January 10-on-10

Christmas break.

It couldn't come soon enough this year.  I think we all were feeling desperately needy for some slower days.

Some quiet.  Some peace.

Days of not having to leave the house.  Days of late mornings and cuddling and PJs ALL DAY LONG.

Days with sweet freedom to just be and be together.

It was perfection.

Those two weeks were a great reminder to me that I really need to let some things go.  I need to step back choose the best, not just the good or better, but the very best.  Limit my projects, reduce my commitments, and agree to commit to just those things that will be the best of the best for myself and my family.

I'm not agreeing to abandoning all activities and serving, because I could very easily become a hermit; happy in my seclusion.  Instead my goal is to take the opportunities that come my way and weigh them in the balance, choosing to do only those things that shout "BEST".  I don't want to have to wait until the next break in my schedule to feel the bliss of a quiet day spent at home with my family.

I'm aiming for the freedom, the sweet freedom, of a deep restorative breath because I have chosen well.













10-on-10 is a blog circle featuring amazingly creative photographers who will be sharing 10 photos on the 10th of every month that document their days, their lives, their loves. Take a few moments and travel all the way around the loop!

Next up is Shannon. Head on over to her blog to see the beautiful photos she chose to feature this month.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your puppets and daughter are so cute. I want to come hang out with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, in sentiment and portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your images! I could easily be a hermit too! I love lazy days at home so much ❤️

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs