Sunday, November 5, 2017

November 5-on-5 Shipshewana

Last week my mom and I took my two youngest to Shipshewana, Indiana.  When I was a young girl a Shipsee trip was an annual event. My mom would take my sisters and I to the outdoor flea market. We would spend hours wandering the aisles looking for treasures to spend our small bits of money on.
When we eventually conquered the myriad of sellers and their stalls, mom would make one final stop downtown. We would head to Lolly's to pick up fabrics that she most likely couldn't find anywhere else. 

So in a show of great tradition keeping, we made it our last stop (well almost our last, we bought huge soft pretzels to eat on the way home).  Lauren's first  stop was at the wooden boat that was full of remnants.  She has plans for some pajamas for her dolls and need a couple pieces of fabric. There were so many beautiful pieces that it was hard for her to narrow down what to buy. Eventually, though she made her selection and we moved on to investigate the rest of the store.

It was a wonderful day showing my kids around Shipshewana, taking them to our favorite shops, eating out at one of our favorite Shipsee restaurants, and walking down memory lane with my mom.





 For more documentary photography head on over to Nicole Austen, she is an Orlando, Florida Family Photographer and she tells her life stories with gorgeous photographs.


5 comments:

  1. Captured so beautifully!! I don't sew much but wandering around a fabric store is probably one of my favorite things too do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tradition that you are keeping! I love how colorful these are! My favorite is your daughter and Mom's hands together among the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So vibrant and lively! I love the upkeep of traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the days of flea markets! My family also visited our local flea market regularly; great memories. Sounds like Lauren's plan for PJ's is something we might try out! Love these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tradition and a beautiful place to photograph! I love all of the colors. Beautifully documented. And I admire your bravery for shooting in public. That still scares me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs