Monday, September 5, 2016

September 2016 5-on-5

Summer wouldn't be complete without our trips to Lake Michigan.  Every year of my life, as far back as I can remember, I have spent time gazing, playing, and soaking in the perfection that is this lake.  I couldn't imagine a summer without glimpsing the beauty and power of this great body of water. My soul is connected through memories and time.

This summer was no exception, even though our group was small in number, just my mom, two of my children and myself.  The biggest thing I took away from our time in the sand, sun and waves was peace, blessed peace.  It washed over me like the cold water that swirled around my feet.

It was what I needed and God knew it.  Just a time to rest, enjoy, and be a family.








Journey on through our blog circle and see what wonderful stories are being told.  Check out Melissa Kayser, a St. Charles documentary family photographer, who captures life's stories as they happen.

9 comments:

  1. Those blues are so gorgeous! Is there much sea glass there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, not usually on this particular beach, however this year with a bit of digging and patience we found quite a bit. Normally there are not many rocks on this beach. It is the first time I have ever seen a southern beach of Lake Michigan with rocks. The northern stretch of Lake Michigan usually has more rocks. The beach this year reminded me of the coast of Lake Superior.

      Delete
  2. Love the angles you shot from. Did you shoot from a cliff nearby for the birds' eye? Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pulled back perspectives! As the mom of a toddler, it's really hard to get far away, but these have inspired me to try! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, I was shooting with my 35mm so that helped. With a toddler you would definitely want another adult present.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful and peaceful, the blues and greens are stunning! Love the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your work is beautiful and so full of soul. I too love your angles and all the environment you brought into the story. Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete

 
All images © Sycamore Lane Photography. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs